Any young person can make an appointment to see a GP by themselves and it will be kept confidential (unless we are worried that you or someone else will come to harm in which case we would need to think about who else to involve). You can also come with a parent and we might ask you if you'd like to talk to a doctor or nurse alone if that would be easier. More information on this click here.
Are you looking for advice on:
We provide emergency contraception on the day as well as sexual health advice and free condoms for the under 25's. You can say if it's urgent but you don't have to say what it's about and we will fit you in that day. Free condoms are provided at GRMC under the C-Card scheme and once we have helped you register for this scheme you can use the many condom pick-up points throughout Bristol. Click here for the list or visit Unity Sexual Health. Have a look at the main menu under "contraception" for other information.
- We can check you out for sexually transmitted infections and talk about how to prevent them. Ask for a 4YP appointment and have a look at Unity Sexual Health for more information.
- Visit Talk to Frank
- Visit Mermaids UK
- Visit Young Minds
Mental Health? Worried about yourself, a friend or family member?
- Off the Record provide free counselling in Bristol for the under 25's but there is quite a long waiting list. In the meantime have a look at some of these websites and Apps which have loads of good and reliable advice, videos, blogs and suggestions.
- Calm Harm App: Helps you to resist or control self-harm
- Sam UWE App: for anxiety self management - has a couple of exercises and fun activities to help distract you at the peak of anxiety
- Kooth also offer some free on-line counselling
- Young Minds includes section on "Get Help Now"