What is eConsult?
eConsult is free to use for NHS patients. Use eConsult to ask your GP surgery about your health symptoms, conditions or treatment. You can even request things like sick notes and GP letters.
How does eConsult work?
- Complete a simple form about your problem or request.
- Your GPs decide on the best treatment for you or you may directed to help elsewhere.
- The practice responds with advice, a prescription or an appointment.
Please note: the eConsult service is not available on weekends. Please call NHS 111 if you need urgent advice during this time.
You'll wonder how you did without it
- Patients may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. Patients complete an online GP consultation with their own practice when they need to
- Patients can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving patient and practice time