What is social prescribing?
It is a free service linking patients to extra services and support within your local community and Bristol.
Our Social Prescriber Link Worker is Grace Morgan-Tait.
How does it work?
A referral is made to a link worker who will make contact with you to arrange a time to meet. You can access up to six 1-1 sessions based at your GP practice which may include:
- Exploring what is important for your health and wellbeing.
- Identifying the local activities and services you can benefit from.
- Gaining support and encouragement to start using services that can help you.
How can it help?
We can link you with many services and community support groups.
These may include:
- Arts, gardening and creative activities
- Physical activities and healthy eating
- Housing, benefits and financial support and advice
- Employment, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
- Befriending, counselling and specialist support