While a vaccination programme of this scale will take some time, we can assure you that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it. We ask that you don’t contact the practice directly – we will contact you when it is your turn to be vaccinated.
Staff are working tirelessly to ensure the necessary measures are in place for those most at risk to get their vaccine first. To do this, we are following a nationally set prioritisation order, from which we are unable to deviate.
Please read the below information before calling your GP surgery. We ask that you do NOT book a GP appointment to discuss your eligibility for the vaccine unless you cannot find the answers within the information posted here.
The priority list from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation is as follows:
1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. all those 75 years of age and over
4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5. all those 65 years of age and over
6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality*
7. all those 60 years of age and over
8. all those 55 years of age and over
9. all those 50 years of age and over
* This also includes those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
It is estimated that taken together, these groups represent around 99% of preventable mortality from COVID-19.
You can find out more about the local roll-out in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire here: COVID-19: Mass vaccination - Healthier Together
If you are eligible for a vaccine we will contact you to book an appointment, or you will be able to book via the national booking system to attend one of the mass vaccination sites, via this website: Book Coronavirus Vaccination
Health and Social Care Workers
If you work in health and social care you are in group 2 to receive Covid vaccinations. The local vaccination coordination team will be in contact with your employer in due course to book you in for this at one of the local vaccination sites. You do not need to get in touch with us to let us know that you work in health or social care.
If you are registered as a carer already you will be called by your local vaccination centre so please don’t call us. We are working through are lists systematically and as quickly as we can.
If you have carers assessment/allowance this will be flagged by the local authority/DWP and you will be able to book into one of the mass vaccination sites via the national booking system found here: Book Coronavirus Vaccination
If you do not fit into any of these categories, you will not be eligible for a vaccine at this stage.